Sunday, June 12, 2011

Anti-adoption?

Has anyone heard or had any experiences with anti-adoption folks? Since being in the "adoption world" for about 2 years now, I have had some glimpses of this movement. One of these encounters was in the comment section of a fellow blogger a few months ago, and today I stumbled onto a facebook page called Mothers Stand, which I have to admit, left a bad taste in my mouth. I think the main reason this page bothered me, was that I am often bothered, and let me be honest, angered when people try to push their beliefs and experiences onto everyone. The owner of this page states that she is anti-adoption and anti-abortion. So it would seem according to her, if you get pregnant and know that you are not capable of taking care of a child, too bad. You have no choices or options except to parent. Well, I guess you do have the option of having your family members help, or parent the child. I just don't see this kind of reality being good for women or for their children. Obviously an adoption plan is not for everyone, and I think it is abhorrent for anyone to push a woman into making this choice. But it is just as abhorrent to push her into the choice of parenting if that is not what she thinks is best for her and her child.

So does anyone else have any thoughts or experiences in this matter. I would really love to hear from you. And I hope you all are having a lovely Sunday as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment