Friday, February 11, 2011

Not Fair

So, I have been very busy at work for the last couple of weeks, and there really is no news as far as the adoption goes. I have been reading some of the other blogs from awaiting parents, and have been surprised to see that there has been a lot going on in the past few weeks! It seems that three of the couples has been contacted by a potential birthmother. I was excited to read their news, but was surprised that all three of them had pretty recently 'gone live', really in the last month! And I know how excited and nervous and scared they probably all are, and they are unsure if this is 'the one', but we have been waiting for over 8 months and not a peep. Is our email address correct on everything? Does our 1-800 number really work? Of course feeling this way, makes me feel guilty for feeling this way, but it makes you start to wonder "what's wrong with us?" I know, there are many couple who have been waiting or waited longer than us, but it really starts to feel like we are being picked last in gym class! To sum up, I am 98% happy and excited to read their great news, but there is that 2%, that just wants to cry out "not fair!"

Our agency was recently featured on KCAL 9 news. Here is the spot!
I hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day.

7 comments:

  1. You have every right to feel the way you do. No one here is going to judge you. I feel our own contact is as much luck as anything else. If we had gone live a couple of days later, I think we would have missed her getting our letter. Hang in there (easier said than done I know).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crista,
    Thanks for the support! I am really happy for you guys, and I hope it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the waiting must be excruciating and hard. The good part is that you are ready and able, and now it's just a matter of timing, which really is everything. There are women who choose adoption for their children, it is a long process of wrapping our minds around it and actually deciding on it, getting serious, and following through, but we do. It is really a matter of life's timing. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping by from Open Adoption Bloggers. IAC is doing our home study (we are with another local agency).

    I look forward to following your journey.

    http://itiswhatitisorisit.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria,
    Great, I will check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY well said! It's very much like being picked last in gym class (which, coincidentally, was almost always my experience)!! I know the waiting STINKS, boy do I know. But your time is coming. Keep the faith! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely know how you feel. We only got one not very promising contact before being contacted by our sons birthmom. People said this to us while we were waiting and it always annoyed me, but I'm going to say it anyway because it's been true for me too, even though I hate to admit it...
    When you meet your baby and his or her birth mom/dad, you will know why you waited all this time. There is some kind of magical thing that happens and you just know it's right. Kind of like when you tried on your perfect wedding dress and had that "OMG this is it!" feeling, but two million times better. You're not last to be chosen, your first pick for the baby that is making his or her way to your lives. Sometimes it's just a longer journey for some of us than others. Keep the faith! It will happen, it's only a matter of time! And it will be completely worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete